Saturday, April 23, 2016

Trail Marathon Weekend 50K: April 23rd, 2016

This was my second time running this 50K.  In 2015 I did the "no wimps challenge" which meant I ran the half marathon on Saturday and the 50K on Sunday.  That was really fun but I did not want to make the 50 minute drive two days in a row this year.  Jess wanted to run but had a nagging IT band injury; however, she came with me and volunteered with the zero waste crew.  Trail running is also about being good stewards of the environment and to have a recycling effort at a trail race is great to see.

The weather was really good at the event this year.  Cool in the morning and very pleasant by the afternoon.  I spend a lot of time training on the trail this race is run on and the race goes in the opposite direction from what I usually do.  It is amazing how different the trail seems when you run in the other direction and it's refreshing to have a different perspective of the trail.  I ran a decent race for myself finishing around 6 hours and 40 minutes.  I really enjoy this race because it is one of the only ultras in Southeast Michigan.  So nice to not have to travel out of town for a trail ultra.    

No comments:

Post a Comment