Saturday, November 19, 2016

Fall FA Oak Openings 25K: November 19, 2016

This event is a lot of fun and I was glad to be able to run it this year.  It takes place in a park that is about 15 minutes from where I grew up.  I usually get out there to run every time we are in town for family events.  The first year I did this trail event I drove down to Oak Openings from Michigan in an ice storm.  When I pulled into the park my all wheel drive car did a 180 and I almost slid off the road and down into a ravine.  Luckily my car stopped before sliding completely off the road.  This year it was about 32 degrees and it was raining on my way down to Oak Openings.  Luckily the rain had stopped by the time I got there.  It was still chilly and wet.  I was glad to see a few people that I know from the Ohio trail running community including Scott and Amy Love!  They made the drive up from Delaware Ohio to run on these Toledo area trails.  I also saw my Toledo area running friends including Trail Runner Steve Pierce, Chris, Brandi, and Jessica.  We pretty much ran the entire 16 mile loop together and had a great time.  It is a potluck and I felt embarrassed bringing Salt and Vinegar Pringles when everyone else seemed to bring great homemade food.  We had a nice feast at the end of the run.  I was hurting since it was the longest run I had done on trails since Mohican in June.  It did feel great to be out doing some trail running.  I am excited to start getting back out on the trails with some regularity.  I will be running Mountain Lakes 100 in Oregon next September and can't wait to begin training!

No comments:

Post a Comment